The Group Scout Council is the electoral body, which supports Scouting in the Scout Group. It is the body to which the Group Executive Committee is accountable.
i. Membership of the Group Scout Council is open to:
- Group Scout Active Support members (including the Group Scout Active Support Manager and Group Scout Active Support Co-ordinators – if appointed);
- Colony, Pack and Troop Assistants ;
- Skills Instructors;
- Patrol Leaders;
- all parents of Beaver Scouts, Cub Scouts and Scouts;
- the Sponsoring Authority or its nominee;
- any other supporters including former Scouts and their parents who may be admitted by the Group Scout Leader, the Group Executive Committee or the Group Scout Council;
- Explorer Scout Leaders (if stated in a Partnership Agreement);
ii. The District Commissioner and District Chair are ex-officio members of the Group Scout Council.
iii. Membership of the Group Scout Council ceases upon:
- the resignation of the member;
- the dissolution of the Council;
- the termination of membership by Headquarters following a recommendation by the Group Executive Committee.
iv. The Group Scout Council must hold an Annual General Meeting within six months of the financial year end to:
- receive and consider the Annual Report of the Group Executive Committee, including the annual statement of accounts;
- approve the Group Scout Leader’s nomination of the Group Chair and nominated members of the Group Executive Committee;
- elect a Group Secretary and Group Treasurer;
- elect certain members of the Group Executive Committee;
- appoint an auditor or independent examiner or scrutineer as required.